The future in caring for older Australians is both challenging and exciting. Excitement stems from opportunity, as is evident in the current and potential growth of the aged care industry, as well as the move towards increasingly innovative care models in both independent living and residential care.
Over the past year, the Board of Warrina Homes identified six key strategies to ensure that our organisation continues to move forward, being:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the organisational marketing strategies
- Develop and evolve management & staffing strategies to address increasing resident frailty
- Investigate flexible models of care into the future
- Design an effective staff attraction and retention program
- Minimise Warrina Homes’ ‘carbon’ footprint
- Address information technology to meet the needs of a rapidly changing workforce environment
The Senior Management Team at Warrina Homes has embraced these organisational mandates, and has produced this excellent plan for the future addressing all of these areas. From striving to be an employer of choice, to continually reducing our interest earning liabilities, as well as looking at new ways of marketing the business and new development options into the future, this Strategic Plan comprehensively sets an excellent foundation for the future of Warrina Homes Inc.
As of March 2009, Warrina Homes enters a new era of providing aged care services.
Warrina Homes is well poised for a positive period of organisational growth with a new CEO at the helm, as well as continually maintaining operating surpluses each month - leading to us having an exceptional net asset base of $11.31M, which allows us to invest in the future with confidence.
Therefore, with God's help, we are positive that this Strategic Plan will deliver on that future.
So in closing, I offer praise to God for His enduring love and grace so freely measured to Warrina Homes.
President of Warrina Homes Inc.
View the 2009 Strategic Plan
(It will open in a new window)